We pride ourselves on making St Chad’s an inclusive and welcoming club and expect members to be courteous to other members, visitors and neighbours by adhering to the following practices.
Arriving at St Chad’s
- The courts are closed before 11am on Sunday. Players must not use the courts before this time.
- You may bring guests to play on 3 occasions during any year’s membership.
(Each visit by each guest counts as one occasion.)
- Visiting family and friends from outside Leeds are welcome to accompany a member any number of times.
- Prospective members may attend social sessions up to 3 times. Please let us know if you intend to bring potential new members to social.
- Book the courts before use. Cancel any bookings you cannot attend.
- Do not take unsealed drinks onto the courts.
- Do not cross or walk behind the courts whilst play is in progress.
- Respect our neighbours. Avoid excessive shouting or inappropriate language.
- Only use the coaching equipment (ball baskets, cones, etc.) with permission from the coaching staff. (Balls are provided in the box on court for members’ use and a selection of spare rackets is available on the table in the clubhouse.)
- Be prepared to rotate off the courts during social sessions to allow those waiting to play.
- Use the bin provided or take your rubbish home.
Leaving the Courts
- Vacate the courts promptly when your booking expires. Do not wait to be asked to leave.
- Tidy the courts when you leave. In particular, safely dispose of ball tube ring pulls, which are sharp and pose a hazard to other court users.
- Lock the gate to the courts.
- Lock the clubhouse (with both key and padlock), or ensure someone remaining will do so.
Close the shutters and turn off lights.
We hope all members will help encourage the above practices, but if you feel there are particularly egregious infringements of club etiquette, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. It is helpful if you are able to describe the time of any incident and all those present on or around the courts.